What a privilege to shoot this ice queen-themed fashion editorial at Gunhill Studios in Hailsham, the largest and most well-equipped studio I’ve ever had the chance to work in. (Sussex photographers – hire this space! So so so worth it.) With a “more-is-more” to my creative aesthetic in the first place, like any kid in a candy store, I greedily wanted to get my hands on everything. To that end, knowing how much kit I would have to work with on the day I came prepared to challenge myself to use more involved lighting set-ups than I ever had before. Rupert and Emma, the incredible Gunhill team – who brought in a big octabox specifically per our request – joked (?) that I was the first person they’d had in the studio to use ALL the lights in one shoot. (That was me totally channeling my inner Jill Greenberg…) The end results include some long exposures mixing gelled strobes and tungsten lights plus layers of colour and texture added in post-production.
I’m so thankful to everyone on the team for this shoot, with an especially big shout-out to my assistant Matt who was SUCH a star on the day!
- publication: Title Sussex, December 2015/January 2016
- production: Sam Harrington-Lowe
- photography: erika szostak
- assistant photography: Matt Ryan
- styling: Lindsay Katherine Hills
- hair: Yo Kruiz | Black Eye Hair
- makeup: Charlene Howells
- models: Iona Levy | Charlotte Butler Blondel
- runners: Lili Harrington-Lowe | Sander Mateluwicz
- location: Gunhill Studios
- clothing & accessories: